Nominate a Wyoming school nurse of the year by January 31, 2021
This announcement has 1 attachment:
WSNA SCHOOL NURSE OF THE YEAR GUIDELINES
PURPOSE: To publicly recognize school nurses statewide by annually honoring one school nurse who demonstrates excellence in school nursing practice and leadership in school health.
- Only one (1) nominee allowed from each school district
- Nominee must:
- Be a registered professional nurse in the state of Wyoming
- Be a member of the WSNA/NASN for the current and previous two (2) years
- Have five (5) years experience as a school nurse, and currently practicing full-time as a school nurse. If the only school nurse position in a community involves fewer hours than usual, it will be considered full-time for the purpose of this eligibility criteria.
- Not be the Wyoming National Director at the time of nomination.
- Evidence of Excellence in School Nursing practice must be based on Scope and Standards of Professional School Nursing Practice (copyright 2001, National Association of School Nurses and American Nurses Association) (Revised 11/14)
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
- Complete the NOMINATION FORM (file attached)
- Attach a copy of nominee's resume/curriculum vitae AND photo
- Attach a supporting letter of recommendation to include contributions by the nominee in the following Criteria For Selection areas:
- Quality of Care
- Performance Appraisal and Ethics
- Resource Utilization
- Program Management
- Health Education