Non-Profit School Health Program: Event and Volunteer Outreach Manager
Sealants for Smiles!
$33,280 - $62,800
No recruiters please
Sealants for Smiles! (SFS) is a charitable dental health improvement program, which provides valuable cavity preventing services to vulnerable children in schools throughout the Montana. In this program, hometown volunteer dentists and dental hygienists provide dental sealants and fluoride varnish treatments at no-cost to families. Children receive free toothbrushes and toothpaste and those with urgent treatment needs are provided case management support to ensure their care is completed. In the 2016-2017 school year, 560 program volunteers provided care to roughly 11,000 children in schools!
The Event and Volunteer Outreach Manager is a full-time salaried position which oversees key aspects of the SFS program. The salary is $33,280 - $62,800 depending on the level of experience.
Sealants for Smiles! is particularly interested in candidates with career experience in
- school nursing,
- Montana elementary schools,
- volunteer-based non-profit management, and/or
- dentistry (dental assisting or dental hygiene).
- Volunteer/Partner Outreach and Engagement:
- Main point of contact between the program and schools, community partners, and volunteers
- Ongoing nurturing, maintenance, and recruitment of vital program relationships, including increasing school, child, and volunteer participation in the program
- Promoting the program through traditional media outlets and social media
- Actively recognizing and thanking schools and volunteers for program participation
- Seeking out and establishing new program partners
- Event Coordination:
- Scheduling of events with schools and volunteers
- Attending school events to provide coordination of the day’s activities and to provide technical support to ensure adherence to regulations and program policies by volunteers
- Assisting in the provision of dental services to children
- Case Management:
- Coordinating follow-up care for children with urgent treatment needs
- Identifying family and social risk factors and needs. Connecting families with Medicaid and other family support resources
- Bachelors of Arts/Science degree or higher – (This qualification does not apply for those with prior experience as a Dental Assistant.)
- Current (or obtain) CPR and first aid certification
- Valid Montana State Drivers license in good standing
- Negative criminal record
- Current on all healthcare related immunizations and TB test
- Above average computer and technology literacy: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, e-mail, texting, Facebook
- Effective time and project management strategies: calendaring, self-directed due dates and reminders, note taking, use of project management software
- Emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-regulation, social skill, empathy, and motivation
- A fun environment working with kids!
- Work from home (when not at school events)
- Semi-flexible hours with ability to customize your schedule
- Use of the non-profit’s SUV for work related travel
- Generous Paid-Time-Off
- Decreased work hours during summer time, while still at full salaried pay
- Health insurance as a negotiated staff benefit
NOTE: Due to the managerial nature of the position, the work intensity can be variable (busier during the school year) and additionally requires some regular periodic overnight and out of town travel. Sealants for Smiles! covers all associated travel costs, including providing a SUV
Please contact Dr. Jane Gillette, DDS for more information email@example.com
Be the first to see new jobs near Bozeman, Montana!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks